DG ECFIN respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protect it.
1. For what purposes are the personal data used?
The data are used for:
- mailing lists for the distribution of DG ECFIN publications and databases,
- invitation lists for participants of workshops, seminars and conferences organised by DG ECFIN,
- invitation lists for the members of the various expert groups coordinated by DG ECFIN, and,
- invitation lists for potential expert speakers at DG ECFIN events.
2. What personal information do we collect and through which technical means?
For the above purposes only, the following data are collected: name, organisation or company details, address, country, telephone, mobile telephone, email address.
The data are recorded in a database using Commission IT equipment and software subject to normal Commission data security policies.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
The data are managed by EC officials within several units across DG ECFIN responsible for the relevant mailing and invitation lists.
The data controller is the Director of Resources of DG ECFIN.
DG ECFIN does not disclose the data to, or share it with, any third parties either inside or outside the Commission.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The lists are not accessible from outside DG ECFIN.
Inside DG ECFIN the lists can only be accessed by those persons with valid authorisation using a userid/password.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
You have no direct access to your personal data stored in the lists.
If you wish to modify or delete your data, please send a message to your contact point at DG ECFIN. If the contact point is not known, please send the request to the Data Protection Coordinator at DG ECFIN
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data will remain in the lists for a maximum of two weeks after a request is received for it to be removed.
Legal basis and contact information
You can find further general information on the Commission personal data protection policy. For any further question or requests concerning the information you have submitted, please contact your contact point or the Data Protection Coordinator at DG ECFIN
We are committed to comply to the Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on Protection of Personal Data.
For any question on the Protection of Personal Data you can contact the Data Protection Officer of the Commission.
For complaints, you can contact the European Data Protection Supervisor
In case you have questions or requests concerning your personal data, please contact your contact point or the Data Protection Coordinator at DG ECFIN
[name of your contact point within DG ECFIN]
Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs
e-mail: [e-mail address of your contact point]