Euro-area member since 1 January 2007
Fixed conversion rate
€1 = 239.640 SIT
Adoption of the euro
Slovenia adopted a ‘big bang’ changeover with a dual circulation period lasting from 1 January 2007 to 14 January 2007 during which both Slovenian tolar and euro banknotes and coins were used for payments.
Exchange of former national currency
The Banka Slovenije (Bank of Slovenia) will exchange tolar coins until 31 December 2016 and tolar banknotes for an unlimited time period.
- Banka Slovenije (Bank of Slovenia, also in English)
- Ministrstvo za finance (Ministry of Finance, also in English)
- Ministrstvo za gospodarski razvoj in tehnologijo (Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, also in English)
- Urad za makroekonomske analize in razvoj (Institute of Macro-economic Analysis and Development, IMAD, also in English)
- Statistični urad Republike Slovenije (Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia, also in English)