In 2007 the Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN) set up a Network of Public Finance Economists working in public administrations. The main aim of the network is to facilitate an exchange of views amongst practitioners on policy relevant issues and thereby deepen the analysis in the area of public finances. The network works through holding annual meetings organised by DG ECFIN, where participants present their work and their views not constrained by official positions. The targeted participants are staff working on budget planning and analysis in the national administrations and central banks.
- Prenos v živo je na voljo
- BrusselsBrussels, Belgium
- Ciljna skupina
- Public finance economists from the public sector and academia
The fourteenth meeting of the Network of Public Finance Economists in public administration will take place in Brussels on 10 March 2020. This meeting will be a one-day event dedicated to the following two key topics for European fiscal policy (see also the tentative agenda below for more detail):
- Fiscal policy and climate goals: The European Green Deal steps up the EU targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and aims to make Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050. Fiscal policy will play a key role in supporting this ambitious green transition and stimulating significant investment needed to reach the climate-neutrality. This session will reflect on the possible interrelations between fiscal policy, green investment, and EU fiscal rules.
- Fiscal policy in an era of low-for-long interest rates: Interest rates are ultra-low globally, and are unlikely to rebound any time soon. With nominal GDP growth exceeding interest rates, negative interest rate-growth differentials prevail in most advanced economies. This session will focus on the appropriate macroeconomic policy mix in times of persistently negative interest rate—growth rate differentials.
Registration will close on 19 February 2020 at 17.00 (CET). Participation will be confirmed by e-mail by 21 February 2020.