The European Semester e-Conference on Greece provides an important opportunity to debate the crucial policies needed to ensure a resilient and sustainable return to growth for Greece and the EU through the Next Generation EU recovery strategy.
- financing policy | Economic and Monetary Union | economic policy | euro
- Online only
- Live streaming available
- Online only
- Who should attend
- Inter alia, policy makers, public administration officials, social partners, diplomats, journalists, think-tanks, industry associations and academics.
Key highlights of the conference include:
- Keynote addresses by Commissioners Gentiloni and Schmit and Hellenic Government Ministers on EU economic and labour recovery policies.
- Presentations by senior European Commission staff of the Country Specific Recommendations for Greek competitiveness and social integration and the functioning of the Commission’s proposals for a EU Recovery and Resilience Facility and new EU Budget 2021-27.
The conference will also address key recovery issues through a series of policy panels featuring staff from the European Commission, international experts, and Greek policy makers, journalists, think-tanks and academics:
- Green Deal for Greece: Greece’s competitive advantage
- Opportunities from digital transformation
- Financing the economy: challenges and key recovery accelerators
- Skills and employment in the post-crisis era
- Innovation, and smart specialisation to improve Greek manufacturing competitiveness
The e-Conference is organized by the European Commission in collaboration with the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE). Registration and viewing is free.
Please note that by providing your details you agree to the processing of your personal data in accordance to the Commission’s privacy statement.