- Doar online
- Transmisiune în direct disponibilă online
- 12 noi. 2021,
02:00 PM - 02:20 PM CET
Valdis Dombrovskis (European Commission)
Paolo Gentiloni (European Commission)
- 02:20 PM - 02:50 PM CET
Keynote speech - Vítor Gaspar (IMF)
- 02:50 PM - 04:20 PM CET
High-level policy panel followed by QnA
Moderator: Maarten Verwey (DG ECFIN)
- Silvia Ardagna (Barclays)
- Marketta Henriksson (Ministry of Finance, Finland)
- Philip Lane (ECB)
- Jean Pisani-Ferry (EUI, Bruegel and PIIE)
Questions for panellists:
- Do you agree that a key function of EU fiscal rules in EMU is to mitigate negative spillover effects from national fiscal policies? In this respect, how can the EU fiscal governance framework ensure sustainable public finances in the medium-term and promote economic growth?
- How can the fiscal framework incentivise reforms and investment?
- How to improve the interplay of the EU and national level to increase trust and ownership?
- How can the fiscal framework remain simple and ensure effective enforcement?
- 04:20 PM - 04:30 PM CET
Conclusions - Lucio Pench (DG ECFIN)
- Doar online
DG ECFIN organised on 12 November 2021 a half-day event on "The future of the EU fiscal governance framework", with high-profile speakers from finance ministries, international organisations, central banks, think tanks and the private sector. The event opened by an introduction of Executive Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis and Commissioner for Economy Paolo Gentiloni, followed by a keynote speech by Vítor Gaspar, Director of the Fiscal Affairs Department of the IMF. The webinar closed with a high-level policy panel discussion about the role, design and enforcement of the future EU fiscal governance framework.