The online Conference on Greece and the EU Recovery & Resilience Facility provides an opportunity to reflect on the journey travelled by the EU and Greece since the onset of the pandemic and to discuss the key reforms and investments included in Greece’s Recovery & Resilience Plan. The EU Recovery and Resilience Facility is a key opportunity for Greece and all Member States. It aims to mitigate the economic and social impact of the coronavirus pandemic and make European economies and societies more sustainable, resilient and better prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the green and digital transitions.
- Online only
- Live streaming available
- Online only
- Who should attend
- Inter alia, policy makers, public administration officials, social partners, diplomats, journalists, think-tanks, industry associations and academics.
- Entrance fee
Key highlights of the conference include:
- A high level debate between Commissioner Paolo Gentiloni and Minister of Finance Christos Staikouras on EU economic governance for recovery and resilience will open the first day of the conference.
- Keynote contributions from European Commission Vice-President Margaritis Schinas and Nobel prize laureate Professor Christopher Pissarides will set the tone for the discussions to be held during the second day of the conference.
- The conference will also feature contributions inter alia from MEP Damian Boeselager, Minister of Environment and Energy Kostas Skrekas, Minister for Digital Governance Kyriakos Pierrakakis, Shadow Minister for Development and Investments Alexis Charitsis, EBRD Director and Regional Head of Greece & Cyprus Andreea Moraru, Vice President of Portugal’s RRF Taskforce Mário Tavares da Silva, Director General for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence in Spain Salvador Estevan, and senior Commission officials, Deputy Director-General for Economic and Financial Affairs Declan Costello, Acting Deputy Director-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology Thomas Skordas, and Principal Advisor at the Recovery & Resilience Task Force Johannes Luebking.
- A series of debates on key reforms and investments included in the Greek Recovery & Resilience Plan, featuring Greek policy makers, opposition spokespersons, European Commission officials, experts, industry representatives, journalists, think-tanks and academics:
- Making an ambitious Green Transition
- Digital transformation of the Greek economy and the public administration
- Ensuring growth with social inclusion
- Mobilizing finance for Recovery and Resilience
- Stimulating investments and exports in key sectors
The online Conference is organized by the European Commission in collaboration with the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE).
Registration and viewing is free. By registering to the event you consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with the Commission’s personal data protection rules.