The webinar will bring together world-class experts from academia, international organisations and financial markets. After an introduction by Cssr Gentiloni, Pablo Hernández de Cos (Banca de España) will give the keynote speech and Frank Smets (ECB) will introduce the main findings of the ECB’s monetary policy review with a special focus on fiscal- and monetary interaction. Elga Bartsch (BlackRock Investment Institute), Agnès Benassy-Quéré (DGTrésor and Paris School of Economics), Carlo Cottarelli (Catholic University of Milan) and Sayuri Shirai (Keio University) will then exchange views on the key questions of the policy-mix in a panel discussion.
- Pouze online
- Živý přenos je k dispozici
- 3 pro 2021,
03:00 PM - 03:15 PM CET
Introduction – Paolo Gentiloni (European Commission)
- 03:15 PM - 03:45 PM CET
Keynote speech - Pablo Hernández de Cos (Banco de España)
- 03:45 PM - 04:05 PM CET
Main findings of ECB’s monetary policy review – Frank Smets (ECB)
- 04:05 PM - 05:30 PM CET
High-level panel followed by QnA Moderator: Declan Costello (European Commission)Panellists
- Elga Bartsch (BlackRock Investment Institute)
- Agnès Benassy-Quéré (DGTrésor and Paris School of Economics)
- Carlo Cottarelli (Catholic University of Milan)
- Sayuri Shirai (Keio University)
Questions for panellists:
- What are the main lessons learned from the policy mix in the euro area the last decades?
- Do fiscal policy and monetary policy need to be better coordinated in EMU? If yes, which institutional changes in in the set-up of EMU are needed and which fields should be considered?
- Looking ahead, what are the key challenges for the policy mix in the euro area?
- 05:30 PM - 05:45 PM CET
Conclusions – Lucio Pench (European Commission)
- Pouze online
If you would like to participate in the webinar, you are kindly invited to register by 26 November 2021. We will send out a calendar invitation with the Webex meeting details to the registered and confirmed participants by 29 November 2021.