DG ECFIN's Fellowship Initiative 2018-2019 “The Productivity Challenge: Jobs and Incomes in the Dawning Era of Intelligent Robots” has solicited contributions examining current and possible future productivity developments in Europe. In view of possible hysteresis effects after the crisis and in the general context of ageing populations and globalisation, the aim has been to re-examine the ongoing trends and drivers and to identify policies to tap fully the potential for inclusive productivity growth. The fellowships have been awarded to prominent scholars in the field to interact with staff in ECFIN and other Commission colleagues, and to prepare final reports on specific research questions within this general topic.
2019 Fellowship Initiative Papers are written by external experts commissioned to write research papers, retaining complete academic independence, contributing to the discussion on economic policy and stimulating debate. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of the European Commission.
- From New Technology to Productivity
- Labour Demand in the Past, Present, and Future
- Total Factor Productivity and the Quality of Social Institutions: Institutional Complementarities as Key Drivers of Balanced Innovation
- Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions
- The Automatisation Challenge Meets the Demographic Challenge: In Need of Higher Productivity Growth
- Robots and the Rise of European Superstar Firms
- Productivity and Innovation Competencies in the Midst of the Digital Transformation Age: A EU-US Comparison
- Trends at the Frontier in Corporate R&D in the Digital Era: Facts, Prospects and Policies
- Data tal-pubblikazzjoni
- 25 Ottubru 2019