Please note that after the autumn 2020 release on 05/11/2020 of the “Statistical Annex to European Economy” and the accompanying “General Government Data - Part I: Tables by country”, “General Government Data - Part II: Tables by series” and “Cyclical Adjustment of Budget Balances”, DG ECFIN will cease producing these four pdf data publications. The long time series included in these files will continue to be available, both in machine-readable format and via an user interface, from AMECO Online. The main forecast document and its statistical annex will continue to be produced in pdf format.
Statistical Annex of European Economy
The Statistical annex to European Economy gives long time series for a selection of important macro-economic variables, both by variable and by country.
General government data
Monitoring budgetary policy and public finances of EU Member States is a major activity of the European Commission through its Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs.
This includes :
- the assessment of stability and convergence programmes presented regularly by Member States,
- the identification of an excessive government deficit realised by a Member State,
- and the evaluation of the contribution of public finances to economic growth and employment.
The statistical tables on general government data include historical series and the latest economic forecasts of the European Commission. Tables are derived from AMECO, the macroeconomic working database of the Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs. The original main data source is Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
- General government data tables show the yearly unadjusted time-series for the general government transactions and balances of Member States and the EU/Euro area as a whole.
- Cyclical adjustment of budget balances shows for the general government of each Member State and the EU/Euro area as a whole: total revenue, total expenditure and net lending or borrowing.
For each of these accounts, actual data, the cyclical component and cyclically adjusted data are presented. Actual GDP, potential GDP, trend GDP and output gaps are also presented.